Thursday, May 20, 2010

One Muddy Dog

So on Monday I got off of work and decided to head to my Grandmothers house and join her and my Papa for lunch. I ended up staying there for a few hours. Well once I got home a muddy dog greeted me at the door. Thankfully though it was only part of her near her bottom. Because of the rain in the area the mud spot is still muddy with some standing water. Today, I am leaving for work and didn't know if the dog had been outside yet so I just decided to let her out and stay out till I got home from work. Well, I get home from work head straight to the door to let her in and begin cooling off. I open the door, she walks in with her entire backside COVERED in MUD!! I was still in my work clothes and had plans to go to a high school concert tonight, so there was now way I was going to give the dog a bath only to indirectly give me one. Poor thing, just wanted to come inside but really, a muddy dog in the house just isn't really going to happen! So left the dog outside to either go get in the mud that she loves so much or go lay somewhere else while I ate my lunch. Finally figured out a way I could clean her off without giving myself a shower at the same time. Took her to the front to be close to a water hose that is hooked up so I can turn it on and off easily without having to go from the back to the front yard and having the dog going crazy over playing in the water and creating more mud. Well, got her cleaned off, dried off and back into the house in which she lays down and what do I see? MORE MUD!! Thankfully it wasn't much at all and was easily cleaned up with a damp paper towel.

The new job as been going good! I knew God was going to teach me something and He has already gotten started. Ladies whenever you are out shopping be nice the sales people, there is a good chance they have had a rough day! But God has just been reminding my how I can be patient and show other the love of Christ even when it seems that they have an attitude for whatever reason. Just to see how much of a difference that can make in someones day has been good to see and a reminder! Guess that is all for now, the break has been good so far! Don't be afraid to show Gods love and grace to a complete stranger you never know how it may change their day or in the long run, their life!

No comments:

Post a Comment