Monday, May 3, 2010

A Fun Weekend And Fat Bible....

Well, these past few days have been exciting! I went in for a job interview at LOFT, when I left the interview I felt confident because the manager that did the interview said as far as she was concerned I was hired! But, I had to wait to hear what the head manager said, well the next day (Friday) I got the call I had been hired! Of course I got the call when I was on my way back from Bush Airport to pick up Mom and the lady mentioned something about the month of June and something about productivity and I missed most of it! I will start some time the week of May 12th, I am so excited!!

Sunday I went with a friend Jeni to The Woodlands for our annual trip we try to take every semester! Well we went to Freebirds and of course we had to get some cheesecake from that factory!! I got a new one where part of the proceeds go to Feeding America, it was the Red Velvet cake with Cheesecake, it was AMAZING!! Wasn't Paula Deen's Red Velvet, but that is okay, I am sure the owner is a Yankee and doesn't know any better but it was still really yummy! We have so much fun on these trips!! Found a beautiful dress that I had to walked away from on my own free will, almost went to try it on but knew the moment I got it on I was a goner and I would have to get it so I just stood there for a bit then promptly left and found Jeni some shoes she might need to buy one day (they were cute I think I might need them)! Saw some very interesting swimsuits on this trip, some just made us look at it and go "who would by this?! It is just ugly!", some really were the pattern on one was just not what you would expect on a swimsuit. It is amazing that on these trips we don't get into some sort of trouble, we have way to much fun!!

On a more spiritual note, I was thinking about how God calls us to step up our relationship with Him and the potential reasons for it other than He is God. I think that is what promoted this to pop back into my head from a few years ago. It was a comment that someone made about my Bible and their Bible. They were comparing our Bibles. This individuals Bible was a thin line (skinny) Bible, as was mine at the time it was purchased. At the time I didn't think anything of it when they said, "man yours is fat and mine is smaller", as if they were excited about the fact their Bible was smaller in the width. Now for some reason the thought randomly came back into my mind (most likely because of I was thinking about how God call us to step up our relationship with Him). I would rather have a fat Bible with wrinkled pages than one that looks as if it just came out of the box. That isn't my personality for some strange reason my books after a time my books just get worn and fat from reading them no matter how hard I try to prevent it, I don't know why it happens, especially when I know someone who can read the same book a million times, as well as write in the book and it will still looks like they bought it. I didn't realize that the comment, I should have taken as a compliment rather than letting the observation slide by me with no attention to it at all. To me it will hopefully be a testament of my life and what I choose to rely on (the living word of God), and where I sought my answers; and also that it may continue to inspire me as strive to meet the challenge of stepping up my relationship with Christ and the challenges that will show their ugly head because that goal. May it get fatter and fatter day by day. For me yesterday it was something I needed to remember to keep going and not to get comfortable with where I may be at. This is why I wanted to share this story, I hope you don't get comfortable either, if it is your personality may your Bible get fatter and fatter day by day, it isn't a bad thing!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I like having a fat Bible, too, except eventually it gets to the point where I HAVE to clean it out and start over again because I can't keep the pages open! Ha! But I know what you mean about wanting it to be worn and "used" looking-that is such a good point!
    PS-I updated my blog, just for you! Love you and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete