Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vacation

Day 1: New Orleans (evening)
  • Radiator had a crack in it so we were downside to a compact car. Now this would be no issue but we also had kitchen supplies with us!! For some strange reason the kitchen supplies all fit but we had to down size our luggage....I have a feeling I will discover some vital items did not make it into my bag! But this is okay!! It was a really fun adventure and yes everything fit and most of it fit in the trunk!! Given a worm wouldn't fit once we were done!! Love how God throws an unexpected adventure, makes wonderful memories!!!
  • Stopped and got some lunch at Chick-fil-a!! We are pulling up and all I can help but think is okay usually this place isn't this packed. Well come to find out it was cow day! You know, dress up like a cow and you get a free spicy sandwich. Well one entire family was decked out, I think there were 3 to 5 kids, even a baby still in the carrier was decked out. What they did was put a trash bag made the appropriate holes.....a cow has got to breath!! Then took a sharpie and made cow spots. They even had cow noses taped to their human noses!! They also had signs that said eat mor chkn!! It was too cute!! SO next time you find out it is cow day, I'm telling you just go eat in, forget about the madness and enjoy the outfits that people put on!!

  • How can you go to New Orleans and not get some good food!! Blackened Tilapia, jambalaya, veggies, and grilled my shrimp!! It was oh my goodness, roll me out when I am done because I won't walk. It was also mixed in with a, "Lord, I don't mean to tell you what to do but see this, please put it on that big big table with lots and lots of food" (who want to get up from that table to go play football)!!

Day 2: New Orleans (morning)/Gulf Shores

  • Cafe Du Monde....YUM!! I love this place, no trip to the Big Easy can be complete without a beignets (or two.....or three)!!

  • Made it to Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores:

It is very beautiful!! The beaches are just as beautiful as they had been in the previous years!! I have been in the water! There is oil, yes but not nearly as bad as I imagined it!! The weather has been very beautiful!! We have enjoyed our time here and spending it with family on Dad's side! The time was spent at the beach and going all around town! We have loved visiting there for as long as I can remember!! While we were there we also went to Orange Beach (which is not far from Gulf Shores) and did a glass blowing thing! You could help make your class and the three choices that you had were: ornament (which you actually had to blow), paper weight and a flower. All three were beautiful. I made a purple ornament! We also went to an Elvis tribute show which was fun! Dad and I also went to Pensacola for the Michael Buble concert but that is in a post to follow!!

The trip was so much! Oil or no oil you should pack up and go to the Gulf Shores area. The people are very nice and the area is fun and beautiful, even if you are not allowed in the water (public beach area isn't at the moment because of oil)then at least go play/lay on the white sand and go play around town there is so much to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment